Annual Piano Marvel YouTube Competition
Ages 19 and younger
Ages (See details below)
NEW THIS YEAR
Free Form Division
For all ages including adults!
We want to see your most creative work. Feel free to edit your video/audio, use multiple camera angles, record in the forest, etc. Judges will choose the most impressive all around video, which could include performance, special effects and overall impact of your video.
All participants will be automatically entered into a drawing to win an iPad this year!
2020 Piano Marvel YouTube Competition
Create a video recording of yourself performing a piece. Upload the video to YouTube and submit your video link when you register for a chance to win a cash prize or an iPad. Register today for $12.00.
Note: If you are a teacher, you can fill out one fast, easy form to register all of your students at once! Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form for your studio!
Video Submission Rules:
- The performer’s torso, arms, hands and head must be seen in the video.
- Videos must have clear audio of the performance and the audio may not be edited in any way unless submitting the video for the composition or free form category.
- Elementary bracket entrants must be ages 5-7 or 8-10 as of February 29, 2020. Middle School bracket entrants must be ages 11-13 as of February 29, 2020. High School bracket entrants must be ages 14-19 as of February 29, 2020. Composition Bracket entrants must be 19 and under as of February 29, 2020 and must be enrolled in high school. Students competing in the wrong age bracket will not be included in the competition.
- If you enter as an ensemble, at least one of the performers must be 19 years of age or younger unless participating in the adult drawing.
- Compositions for the composition contest must be written entirely by the student.
- If a person or group wants to submit a second performance or composition, they must submit a second registration form and pay a separate registration fee. Ensemble performances need only pay one registration fee per performance regardless of the number of performers.
- Providing false information about age or identity will disqualify participants from this and future competitions.
- The Free Form division is open to all ages. Entrants may use audio and video editing, creative camera angles, costumes, sets, and virtually any other creative means to create an entertaining video.
Video Upload Formatting
When uploading the video to YouTube, please use to following format for the YouTube title.
Piano Marvel Competition 2020 (Performer/s) playing ‘Title’ by Composer
Example: Piano Marvel Competition 2020 (Gabe Slade and Anna Slade) playing ‘Winter Leaves’ by Aaron Garner
Please add the following text to your video description on YouTube.
“Learn more about the Piano Marvel YouTube Competition and Piano Marvel at https://www.musicmarvel.com. You can also follow Piano Marvel on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pianomarvel or twitter at https://www.twitter.com/pianomarvel. Learn more about Piano Marvel at https://www.pianomarvel.com“
All finalists and winners will be posted on the Music Marvel website with their videos. Finalists will be posted on March 6, 2020. Winners will be announced on March 13, 2020. Cash prizes will be awarded shortly after.
If you are participating in the competition with the help of your piano teacher, you need to register and submit your video with their help.
If you are a teacher, contact Piano Marvel for instructions on how to submit registrations for your student group.
We are excited for you to join us for this competition. We look forward to hearing your performance!
Registration Opens: October 25, 2019
Registration & Video Submission Deadline: February 29, 2020
SUBMISSION DEADLINE (FEB 29)